• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

13 baby cuttles

Redoc

GPO
Registered
My LFS had some cuttle eggs a couple weeks ago. Yesterday I went in ( I have an octo on order with them ) to see if my octo had come in and the cuttle eggs had hatched. I was told that they hatched last weekend and they weren't shure what to feed them. They had been trying frozen cyclopese. All 13 cuttles were just lying on the bottom and they said that thats all they do. He put in a small amount of cyclopese and a couple of the cuttles stirred a little but not much. So I brought them all home to hopefully give them a fighting chance. My octo tank is currently empty and would suit either an octo or cuttles. The little guys are currently in a critter keeper in my reef tank as it always has the most stable water. I have been feeding tigger pods, cyclopese, and amphipods. It has only been one day and most of them are now up and swimming around:fingerscrossed:. They are most likely from Indonesia might they be S. Bandesis ?

Thanks for the info. I have read a few threads on baby cuttles and hope I'm doing things right. If anyone has any suggestions on other foods or how to obtain them don't be shy. Wish me luck but not too much cause I don't know what I would do with 13 cuttles:lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back